Chapter 11 – Bodhi
Peaceful Warrior Pose
Sanskrit: Viparita Virabhadrasana
Pronounced: “Vee-pah-rih-tah veer-ah-bah-drahs-anna”
What does rainbow yum-yum taste like?
Join us as we travel through the universe and meet the peaceful warrior, Bodhi, his magic pots, and great wisdom.
STRIKE OF THE DAY
The Peaceful Warrior
- Get up and stand on the front of your mat and place your hands on your hips.
- Step the left foot one big step back on the mat and let the foot turn to the side.
- Spread your arms out to each side with your wrists approx. over your ankles.
- Right foot points straight towards the top of the yoga mat, bend down at right knee.
- Now place the back hand down on the back leg.
- Turn the front palm toward the sky, suck the navel toward the spine and send the front arm up and back over the head.
- Look for the upper hand or down towards the hind foot.
- Relax your shoulders and sink into your hips. Keep your legs strong.
- Stand 5-6 breaths.
- Repeat with opposite legs in front.
Once you are logged in, you can see the entire course of the day here